- Child’s T-shirt – Usually containing a nostalgic cartoon program from the 70s or 80s. Make sure that you are underweight enough so that you will be able to fit into child’s t-shirts. Show your inner despair by looking like you are too sad to eat. Obesity and emocity do NOT mix.
- Sweater vest – Stolen from father. If said father doesn’t wear sweater vests, then steal one from a dad who does wears them.
- Black rimmed glasses – For the ‘geek chic’ look.
- Converse shoes – don’t forget to write the name of your significant other on them.
- Tiny striped shirt – The best place to purchase striped EMO shirts is at Wal-Mart. Just head into the young boy’s section and you can usually find them for about $5. If you’re lucky enough to be spoiled, you can just head to the local ritzy mall and hit up the GAP or Banana Republic. Do not admit that you bought those shirts from there, but you will feel higher on the EMO social scale if you have the name brand.